Friday, October 2, 2009

Another Survivor Comes Forward

Yet another case of kidnapping, rape and patriarchal terrorism. At least this one's going to trial and hopefully he will get raped repeatedly and rot in jail.

Elizabeth Smart is a badass, that's all I have to say. From her testimony and her statements she has truly made the transition from victim to survivor. Now she's becoming an advocate and bringing her rapist to justice. I wish I were half as brave as her and I've never gone through anything close to what she went through.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=8129503

1 comment:

  1. Wow -- I did not even realize how she has gone on to fight back for what he did to her and what he tried to take from her. She is amazing, and I am glad you are posting so many news items of interest. I may not have come across them otherwise...

    ReplyDelete